Eh! We all Make Mistakes…
In real sense of it, what we do with our mistakes is important than the mistakes.
On this particular day, my mind decided to do a replay of my life mistakes. Few I cringed at, others come with laughter considering the foolishness, while some only brought tears.
You shouldn’t be surprised because everyone makes mistakes but two things make the difference:
- The weight (how bad it is which of course is not beyond redemption).
- What is done with the mistake (the steps taken after the error has been made).
When you make mistake in life, do you wallow in self pity or you rise, dust your bum, pick up the lessons inherent in it and forge ahead into life?
The truths about mistakes are that,
- They come with the baggage that if not quickly dropped can be burdensome and destructive.
- We make mistakes at first then allow the devil to capitalize on it by making us neck deep into it until the whole situation becomes messy.
- God prevents us from making some mistakes while He allows some. He is still God.
- Some mistakes are to teach practical life lessons while others might be to draw you to the one who is God.
I could remember the days of putting salt in my plantain before frying, ignorance right? This is something injurious to health yet I was indulging in it. Few years down the lane, I self discovered the salt wasn’t necessary as plantains have this natural saltiness and sweetness ─then the health implication of too much salt.
We can blame our mistakes to ignorance, immaturity, fear, wrong counsel, anger towards a cause, wrong relationship, and probably individual temperament especially the one that hasn’t yielded to the Holy Spirit.
Mistakes sometimes come when we try to please others in order to be in their good book. This happened to me several times until I learnt the lesson of being myself and not trying to please people.
The desire to please people is an evil and pushy trend that makes individuals to do the wrong things, most times against their own will. Some have become liars while others live in debt as a way of financing their fake lives.
People have committed what the world will call irredeemable errors such as killing with their tongues and through other means but the Bible says though your sins are so dirty, God is willing to wash you clean. Isaiah 1:18b.
When you come to God in repentance, He forgives your sins, wipes it off and gives you a new beginning.
The word for today is, not minding how bad your mistake is, you can rise above it.
One of the things that made David a man after God’s heart is the fact he usually admits his mistakes and always quick to make amends. David wasn’t the type that argued or tried to shift blames on others. Be like him today!
When a mistake has happened, what can be done?
- Admit your mistake. Take stocks if necessary to know the extent of the damage.
- Don’t flog yourself too hard if you have fallen into some life mistakes. You can’t afford to dwell too long on regrets.
- Don’t cover it up. If there need be for you to open up to someone as soon as possible, find the appropriate person and do the right thing.
- Take it to God in prayers. God isn’t about the perfect man but he who is willing to walk the road of perfection with Him. Jesus said in Luke 5 verse 31 that those that are well do not need a physician but those that are sick. Ask God for help.
let’s round up with these questions:
How deeply into error should one gets before making a turn?
How well have you been able to manage your mistakes and turning it to a message?
What are your own life mistakes?
Have you fallen into the same error you once preached against and thinking opening up will tarnish your image? Think about eternity and do the needful.
God can and is willing to fix your mistakes!
Do have a pleasant week.