No lover will be happy if his or her love does not create time for their relationship; lovers need time time for intimacy.
There’s this lady who her fiancé gave a book on relationship to. They were both to read and come back for discussion afterwards. She started reading but dropped it at the end of few pages because she found it not interesting.
After some time, the man asked her how far she’d gone with the reading but told him how she dropped the book half way. The brother asked if she ever bothered to check the name of the author, she answered in the negative and he told her to check.
She got to know her fiancé wrote the book earlier abandoned. She picked up the book and read from cover to cover with so much interest and joy. The book that was initially uninteresting became fascinating.
Nothing changed about the book – the same book cover and content, but the realization about the author brought about the sudden interest.
She picked up the book and read with so much attention because she knows the author and transferred the love she has for the man into the book. Since she’s in love with the author, she automatically became in love with the book.
This happens to us most times when we claim to love God but don’t take time to read the book He authored and breathed upon.
You will create time for the one you claim to love. Quality time is one of the important ingredients to a successful relationship. Enough of the excuses, spend time with your lover.
Who is Your Lover?
The first lover of every human being is God. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life (John 3:16). What He expects from each of us is that we reciprocate His love.
We find it uninteresting to read and dump.
We keep ourselves busy with other kingdom activities neglecting the one beneficial to us and our lover.
I dare to challenge you to show God you love Him and spend time with the Word.
Transfer the love you have for your lover to His book.
The truth is that we get to know the one we claim to love by reading about Him and seal the relationship when we hear from Him on regular basis.
We get to know His mind about us and His expectations.
He reveals to us His plans, agenda, programs and purpose per time. This is because God loves and is ever ready to share His heart with people who have yielded to His love; will you be willing to hear?
At His feet are instructions given. That was why Jesus praised Mary for choosing the good part and told Martha who was busy preparing to entertain Him that she was giving attention to less important things. Luke 10:40-42
We become like Him when we study about Him. Adapting to the one we love is easy.
I want to be like Jesus is not by singing but by studying about Him and putting to practice what has been read.
What are the Benefits of Spending Time with My Lover Through the Word?
- Studying His word helps our obedience if we continue at it.
- It prunes us to His standard because the word helps to cut off unfruitful branches in us.
- With constant studying of the word, you get tuned to the voice of God. You understand the manner in which God speaks. The Bible says the sheep follow the voice of the shepherd they know. The sheep recognize the voice of the one they have been hearing over time. When you spend time your lover, it becomes easy for you to recognize His voice even in the nosiest area and amidst the crowd.
The way spouses recognize the voice of each other.
The way mothers recognize the voice of each child not minding their numbers even from afar off.
- Studying the word makes your heart receptive to the leading of the Holy Spirit.
- Studying the word helps you to have a bank of prayer point. There’s no chapter of the Bible you will open to that prayer points will not come out from. With this, you won’t run out of prayer points when you are having your prayer time.
How do you spend time with the love of your life?
- Create time out of your busy schedule to spend time with the one you love.
- A quiet time devoid of distractions.
- Read your Bible, Pray every day!
- Utilize the various Bible reading plans available to you ranging from apps to church’s plans. Just make sure the Bible is read.
- Listen to His promptings and instructions. Don’t be in a hurry to leave the presence of the love of your life.
- Make your jottings.
Befriend the WORD!
Will you decide today to spend time with your lover?
God bless you.